Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 2 hrs
Cook 14 mins
Got this recipe out of Fine Cooking magazine...They look fabulous and want to save recipe....
Make and share this Mini Pizzas With Arugula, Peppers & Prosciutto recipe from Food.com.
- 5 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb pizza dough
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- kosher salt & freshley ground black pepper
- 2 cups lightly packed arugula, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, thinly sliced (rinsed if jarred)
- 1⁄2 ounce thinly sliced prosciutto di Parma, cut into thin strips (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Lightly coat a large bowl with 1 teaspoons of the oil. Put the dough in the bowl, cover loosley, and let sit at room temperature until supple and relaxed. 45 minutes to an hour.
- Position racks in the top and bottom thirds of the oven and heat the oven to 475 degrees. Meanwhile put the tomateos, oregano, garlic, 2 teaspoons of the oil, and 1/2 tsp of salt & pepper in a food processor; pulse to make a chunky sauce.
- Lightly oil 2 baking sheets with the remaining 2 teaspoons oil Divide the dough into quarters. Divide each quarter into 3 equal parts; you'll have twelve 1 ounce pieces of dough. Shape each piece of dough into a 3 inch round and put on the baking sheets.
- Spread about 1 scant tablespoon of the sauce over each dough round, leaving a little border around the edge for the crust. Top each with a mound of arugula, then some strips of pepper & prociutto. Sprinkle the mozzarella and Parmigiano on top.
- Bake until the cheese is bubbling and the crust in browned, 12 to 14 minutes, rotating and swapping the pans positions about halfway through for even baking. Sprinkle with crushed pepper flakes if desired and serve.
These were very good! For the crust, I used Beth's Pizza Crust and just rolled it thin into 3 misshapen pizzas. I also didn't really measure how many ingredients I put on them - just winged it. I did run out of roasted red peppers after the first (I didn't have much to start with), so I put some fresh basil on the remaining two! Thanks! Made for PAC Fall 2012