Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm a pizza addict. But since I'm eating healthy now, I can't have those glorious frozen pepperoni pizzas. Making pizza yourself is so much better for you. And to my delight, it's fantastic tasting too!
- 1 whole wheat pita bread
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons goat cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 leaves Baby Spinach
- 5 slices turkey pepperoni
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- Place pita bread on pizza stone or cookie sheet. Spoon tomato sauce onto bread and spread around. Sprinkle basil on top of sauce. Spread mozzarella cheese onto pizza.
- Top pizza with garlic, spinach, and goat cheese. Then place turkey pepperoni on last.
- Place in oven until cheese starts to melt. Take out and drizzle with EVOO and top with cracked pepper. Place back in oven until all cheese is melted and browning.
- Let cool for a moment before serving.
I doubled this recipe to serve 2 of us & we both enjoyed these little pizzas ~Very satisfying, particularly when including the goat cheese & the TURKEY pepperoni! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]