Recipe by Heather U.
You can make mini pizzas on tortillas, bagels, pita, english muffins, and store-bought prepared bread dough, but what about using little gyoza or won ton wrappers?? This is a tasty, healthy, kid-friendly alternative that can be low-fat to fat-packed depending on how you top them. This is more an "idea" than a "recipe", but it was so easy and tasty I thought I'd share it for those of you who aren't already enjoying these little morsels. Deep-dishers beware: this produces the thinnest of thin crusts!
- 42 gyoza skins or 42 wonton wrappers
- 2 3⁄4 cups pizza sauce
- 6 ounces grated mozzarella cheese or 6 ounces mozzarella string cheese
- 1 cup pepperoni or 1 cup olives or 1 cup green pepper (whatever toppings!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a pizza stone, cast iron skillet, or other low-profile, oven-proof dish lightly with cooking spray.
- Arrange rows of wrappers in a single layer on the oven-proof dish.
- Put 1 T of pizza sauce on the center of each wrapper, and spread around, leaving about 1/4 inch of"crust" showing.
- Place about 1 tsp of cheese on top of the sauce, followed by 1 tsp of whatever topping (s) you've selected; to keep it low fat, we used part-skim mozzarella, and turkey pepperoni with great results.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 6-7 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned, and the"crust" is golden.