Recipe by MommyMakes
Mini corn muffins with pizza toppings are a great snack or tucked into a lunchbox. My kids love these. Can be frozen and reheated as most muffins. I have added garlic, spices, and cheese to the batter, also some fresh corn added to the batter would be nice.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup fine yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce or 1⁄2 cup marinara sauce
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup pepperoni, finely chopped or 1⁄3 cup cooked sausage or 1⁄3 cup vegetables
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 400ºF and line 36 mini muffin cups with paper liners or grease a mini muffin pan.
- Sift the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, blend the egg, milk, and oil. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture and add the liquid. Stir just until combined.
- In a small bowl combine pizza sauce and parmesan.
- Spoon the muffin batter into the muffin cups evenly, filling them about 1/2-3/4 full. Spoon about 1 tsp of sauce mixture on top of each one mixing slightly. Then sprinkle with chopped pepperoni or other desired finely chopped pizza toppings. Shredded mozzarella does better if you wait until they are almost done baking and just let it melt over.
- Bake the muffins for 15 minutes, until they puff and brown at the edges. Cool in the pan for several minutes then serve.