Recipe by Chippie1
My DS & I came up with these when trying to think of an appy for his cousins for the holidays. Easy to put together and freeze extremely well after cooking.
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust (by Pillsbury)
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup pepperoni (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set the oven to 375°F.
- On a lightly floured surface, with a 1-1/2-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 24 rounds from the dough.
- Press each of the rounds into the bottom, and up the sides of ungreased mini muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine pizza sauce, Parmesan, & oregano.
- Using 3/4 cup of shredded mozzarella, pinch an even amount in each muffin cup.
- Next sprinkle pepperoni pieces evenly throughout the cups.
- Then add a small spoonful of the Pizza sauce evenly.
- Lastly, top each muffin cup with the remaining 3/4 cup of mozzarella.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Loosen quiches from pan with tip of knife.
- Serve warm.
- To freeze, leave intact in muffin pan and place into freezer until frozen.
- Remove cups and freeze up to 1 month in either a freezer bag or Food Save them if you have the machine.