Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
This recipe can be a vegetarian sandwich or an appetizer when served in mini-pitas! The appetizer idea is my own. Original recipe from Sandwich (Yisrael Aharoni)
- 2 1⁄2 ounces cheddar cheese
- 2 1⁄2 ounces feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 -8 sliced black olives or 6 -8 green olives or 6 -8 kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- black pepper (to taste)
- 2 pita bread (or 10-12 mini pitas)
- Coarsely grate cheddar cheese. Crumble up feta cheese and combine with grated cheddar. Add olive oil, olives, and oregano. Season with pepper and mix.
- Slice open pita pockets halfway. Scoop mixture into pita pockets and press down. Place in toaster oven (a few minutes) or microwave (30-90 seconds) until cheese melts.
Mmmmm! This was a great combination. I strayed slightly from the recipe because I had everything on hand except the pita bread but instead I had some naan bread in the freezer. I made up the cheese mixture and spread it out on the naan bread and broiled for a few minutes until it was nice and melted. It made a very tasty and quick pizza. Thanks for the recipe!