Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Quick to make no baking. Do not stuff the pitas too far in advance or they could get soggy
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, well drained and squezzed
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) canflaked crab
- 1 (10 ounce) can water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup light mayonnaise
- 20 mini pita pockets (whole wheat are best)
- Mix spinach with the crab, water chestnuts& green onions.
- In another bowl combine the ranch dressing pkg,dill weed, yogurt& mayo mix well, Combine the two bowls, mix well.
- Cut mini pitas in half and stuff with the crab, spinach mixture.
- Arrange on a platter, decorate with some parsley sprigs etc.
- Serve warm or cold.
Ohhh Bergy, you did it again!! We couldn't do the appetizer thing on the weekend, so we did it today, this recipe is going with us to Abbotsford for the holidays, what a wonderful appetizer!! Crab of course is marvelous and everything else in the recipe complimented the crab, nothing overpowered it. We used fresh spinach, chopped because we had it, it worked out fine. The ranch dressing mix and the dill were a surprize, perfect match with the lovely crunch of water chestnuts. This is going to be a pleasure to make and serve over the holidays. I'm going to try it as a dip/spread also, should be very good with crackers or let them fill their own mini pitas. Thanks for sharing the best!!
I loved this recipe! I used whole wheat pitas, couldn't find the pockets at our grocery store but thats ok- ate em like a sandwich! I like that its relatively healthy for you, Thanks!