Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Found on Slice of Life's Facebook page, who credits http://www.bigmamashomekitchen.com/2010/10/mini-pineapple-upside-down-cakes.html
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 4 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter (1/2 stick or 4 tablespoons)
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple rings
- 6 maraschino cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray your muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, add eggs, white sugar, and pineapple juice. Beat for 2 minutes. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and turn mixer back on for 2 minutes.
- In a small sauce pan, melt the butter and add the brown sugar. Stir on low heat for one minute.
- Spoon layer of the warm brown sugar mixture into the bottom of each muffin tin, then place a pineapple ring on top. Add a cherry in the middle of each pineapple. Pour cake mixture over to fill muffin tin 3/4 of the way full. If you are using regular muffin tins, you will need to cut down the rings to fit or just use pineapple tidbits.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a wooden pick in the center of cakes comes out clean.