Prep 15 mins
Cook 33 mins
A mini version of an old classic. From Family Circle. I love the fact that you can have a small individual serving instead of a whole cake!
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices in juice
- 8 tablespoons corn syrup, with brown sugar, such as Karo
- 8 maraschino cherries, with stems removed
- 1 (1 lb) box poundcake mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray cups of jumbo muffin pan with a good coat of non stick cooking spray.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Place 1 tablespoon corn syrup with brown sugar in each cup.
- Top with pineapple ring, pressing down slightly to fit.
- Drop a cherry into each pineapple ring center.
- Mix in a large bowl pound cake mix, along with 3/4 cup pineapple juice, add water if necessary to equal 3/4 cup, eggs, ginger and allspice. Beat 30 seconds on low speed to combine. Increase speed to medium high and beat 2 more minutes.
- Divide equally among pineapple lined muffin cups, approximately 1/2 cup batter for each.
- Bake cakes for 33 - 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove pans from oven and immediately trim off any crowned tops.
- Invert onto baking sheet and tap gently to loosen cakes.
- Replace any pineapple that may have stuck to pans.
- Serve slightly warm.