Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Mini Frittatas can be made a day or two ahead of a buffet and reheated. Serve on toast rounds. Or just plain nice to have ready for a quick breaky over the busy season.
- 4 large plum tomatoes
- 9 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Seed and chop three tomatoes and thinly slice the fourth.
- Butter a muffin pan.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs with milk, salt and pepper.
- Stir in cheese, onions, chopped tomatoes and pepperoni.
- Pour equal amounts of egg mixture into prepared muffin tins.
- Top each frittata with a slice of tomato.
- Place in centre of preheated oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until set in the centre.
- Cool on a rack in pan for 10 minutes.
- Using a blunt knife, loosen frittatas all around and lift out.
- Cool to room temperature, if storing.
- Wrap individually in plastic wrap.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Frittatas can be reheated in microwave on medium power before serving.
Fantastic! I used egg beaters to cut the fat. These are easy and deliscious. I made them for myself while I was staying at my parents for the holidays. Everyone else was making hashbrowns and bacon and instead they all ate my frittatas and the hashbrowns didn't get touched. Then my mom and grandmas asked for the recipe and we all have enjoyed it many times since.