Recipe by ForeverMama
Great and tasty calzones not only for kids but for adults too. Makes great little lunch treats and quick munchies. Have used it as an appetizer as well.
Top Review by ElizabethKnicely
Very easy and super quick. It was really great for a weeknight when the kiddos has baseball practice and then a game. I served this with carrots and celery sticks with ranch dressing and potato chips and it was a well enjoyed meal. Thank you for a great meal on a hectic night ForeverMama! Made for PAC Spring 2014.
- 1 (10 ounce) packagerefrigerated pizza dough
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Pepperoni Pizza Filling
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pepperoni
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper (or red)
- 1⁄4 cup pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions (3/4 tablespoon onion powder)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- Unroll pizza dough. On a lightly floured surface roll dough into a 15" square. Cut into 20 - 24 3" squares.
- Spoon a slightly rounded teaspoon of Pepperoni Pizza Filling atop each dough square.
- Brush edges of each dough square with water.
- Lift one corner of each square and stretch dough over the filling to the opposite corner, making a triangle. Press edges together and seal well with fingers or a fork.
- Arrange calzones on a greased baking sheet. Prick tops with a fork. Combine the egg and water. Brush calzones with egg mixture.
- Bake ina 425-degree F -- oven for 10 - 12 minutes or till golden. During te last 3 minutes of baking time, sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Pepperoni Pizza Filling:.
- In a bowl stir together all ingredients. Use immediately or cover and chill for up to 24 hours.