Great and tasty calzones not only for kids but for adults too. Makes great little lunch treats and quick munchies. Have used it as an appetizer as well.
- 1 (10 ounce) packagerefrigerated pizza dough
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Pepperoni Pizza Filling
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pepperoni
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper (or red)
- 1⁄4 cup pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions (3/4 tablespoon onion powder)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- Unroll pizza dough. On a lightly floured surface roll dough into a 15" square. Cut into 20 - 24 3" squares.
- Spoon a slightly rounded teaspoon of Pepperoni Pizza Filling atop each dough square.
- Brush edges of each dough square with water.
- Lift one corner of each square and stretch dough over the filling to the opposite corner, making a triangle. Press edges together and seal well with fingers or a fork.
- Arrange calzones on a greased baking sheet. Prick tops with a fork. Combine the egg and water. Brush calzones with egg mixture.
- Bake ina 425-degree F -- oven for 10 - 12 minutes or till golden. During te last 3 minutes of baking time, sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Pepperoni Pizza Filling:.
- In a bowl stir together all ingredients. Use immediately or cover and chill for up to 24 hours.
Very easy and super quick. It was really great for a weeknight when the kiddos has baseball practice and then a game. I served this with carrots and celery sticks with ranch dressing and potato chips and it was a well enjoyed meal. Thank you for a great meal on a hectic night ForeverMama! Made for PAC Spring 2014.