Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
These bite-size muffins go well with almost any meal.
Make and share this Mini Pepper Corn Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons sweet red peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal, plus
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a small skillet, saute' peppers in oil for 5 minutes or until tender; cool slightly.
- In a bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk, butter and peppers until blended.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined miniature muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 6-9 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
These were very good. I only used red pepper since we don't like green. And I made regular-sized muffins - the recipe made 7 of them, and I had to cook them a bit longer.
These were very tasty little morsels. We enjoyed them very much. I love the addition of the sweet peppers. I used orange and green peppers, which made very pretty muffins. These one bite wonders had a nice texture and only took 6 minutes to bake. Thanks for sharing Lainey.