Recipe by Manami
Mini Penne con Carciofi e Gorgonzola -- that is the official name of this recipe. We have made this here at the home and it needed a little "tweaking" here and there.
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed & quarterd
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 lb gorgonzola
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- onion powder (a sprinkling)
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 16 ounces mini penne pasta (we used Barilla)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- toasted slivered almonds, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain artichoke hearts well, add to skillet and sauté 3-4 minutes.
- Add gorgonzola cheese and half-and-half.
- Simmer for a few minutes until cheese melts.
- Season with freshly ground blakc pepper, a sprinkling of onion powder and a pinch or two of crushed red pepper flakes; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to pkg directions.
- Drain reserving some of the pasta cooking liquid.
- Add hot pasta to sauce mixture; thin(if needed or desired) with pasta cooking liquid.
- Transfer to a serving platter or bowl.
- Top with parsley and a sprinkling of the nuts.
- Enjoy! Serve with a nice dry white wine.