Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
These are tiny but good. They would be just the right size for a tea party.
- 1 cup lukewarm milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package dry yeast
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 3 1⁄4-3 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
MIXTURE FOR BOTTOM OF PAN
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup broken pecan halves
- SWEET DOUGH:.
- Mix together the lukewarm milk, sugar, salt and yeast; mix well.
- Stir in the beaten egg and mix well.
- Add the flour---2 cups at a time till the dough is just right.
- Put in greased bowl and rise till double (about 1 hour); punch down and rise again.
- Roll dough out to measure about 6" x 16" or 18".
- Spread dough with softened butter and the filling mixture.
- Roll up tightly beginning at the wide end.
- Cut into 3/4" slices.
- Place in greased pan that already has the pecan mixture in the bottom.
- MIXTURE FOR BOTTOM OF PAN:.
- In a small bowl mix the melted butter, sugar, and pecan halves.
- Put into the bottom of the pan.
- Let rise till double.
- Bake 375 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- When they are done turn them out onto a cookie sheet or platter and let the mixture drip down over the rolls until there is no more.