Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cute, scrumptious desserts sized for two. Perfect for summer when there are fresh blueberries and peaches. You can also make this with thawed frozen fruit. So simple and so good! The original recipe is from Cooking for Two, which is published by Taste of Home.
- Combine first four ingredients in small bowl.
- Combine milk and melted butter; stir into dry ingredients until smooth.
- Pour into two greased 8-oz. ramekins or custard cups.
- Top with fruit.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until fruit is tender, and serve warm with vanilla ice cream!
- To serve more people, you can double this recipe and bake it in an 8-inch square pan.
I made these last night using a very large fresh peach. The berries were frozen and I rinsed them slightly under running water. I used Splenda in place of the sugar in the crust and baked these in my onion soup bowls. Served them straight from the oven topped with no sugar added frozen yogurt. Delicious!
finally the perfect peach cobbler recipe, simple fast, adaptable and no more over browned soggy topping. Putting the topping on the bottom means it turns to almost a pudding like texture, soaks up all the yummy juices. I added cinnamon, nutmeg, and 1T Ameretto liqueur, and used 1/2 and 1/2 instead of milk. I used organic buttermilk biscuit mix instead of flour, it already has bake soda in it...
Oops, I just realized that I never reviewed this. Have made it twice and very much enjoyed it both times. Thanks for posting. I forgot to mention that I doubled the recipe with good results. Janet