Melanie B.'s Note:
I am hosting a wine tasting and one of the recommended foods for Riesling night is a pastrami sandwich. I attempted to create something a bit more appropriate for a party and came up with these. They are Yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Layer 4-5 sheets of phyllo brushing butter between each sheet. Cut into 6 squares.
- 2Place about 1-2 teaspoons of cream cheese and about 1-2 TBS of the pastrami in the center of each square. These measurements are not exact -- you may put more or less in depending on the exact size of the square and your ability to fold & seal it.
- 3Fold the ends and corners of each square over into the center, brush some extra butter on bottom and top to seal, and place folded side down on a baking sheet.
- 4Repeat steps 1-3 until ingredients are gone or until you've made the desired amount.
- 5Bake at 375°F for about 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 6Serve hot with some spicy or stone ground mustard to dip.
- 7You can make these ahead and freeze. Thaw and re-heat in the oven.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Pastrami Packages
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.5
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 111.7 mg
- Sodium 1189.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 21.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cream cheese with chives and onions