Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are a healthy and super easy snack for the lunchbox, or would look fantastic on a platter for a party. This is the recipe I made originally, but to make them healthier I omit the cheese and use only 2 whole eggs and the remaining egg whites to significantly reduce the fat count. They're still very tasty! Try varying the flavours... chopped capsicum and sundried tomatoes are great for a dinner party, or try corn and grated carrot for kids.
- 6 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup cooked macaroni
- 2 slices shortcut bacon, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons grated cheese
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- Grease a muffin tin lightly and preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Whisk all ingredients together and spoon into muffin holes - you should get between six and eight, depending on how much you put inches.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until set and slightly browning on the top.