Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 25 mins
Looked so good when I saw Giada de Laurentiis eating them on Behind The Bash.
Make and share this Mini Pancetta-Wrapped Meatloaf Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced onions
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons Italian spices
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 10 slices pancetta or 10 slices bacon
- 10 roma tomatoes, sliced in 1/2 roasted, optional for garnish
- 20 slices French bread (the thick pre-sliced type)
- 2 red onions, sliced, sauteed until wilted, optional for garnish
- 20 fresh sage leaves, sliced, optional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix ground chuck, ground pork, bread crumbs, Parmesan, mozzarella and the half-and-half. Let stand.
- Saute onions and olive oil until a little brown, then add the garlic and cook through about 1 minute longer. Let stand.
- Add the seasonings, parsley, salt, pepper, diced toamtoes, eggs and the sauteed onions and garlic. Mix together well.
- Spray a large loaf pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Fill the pan with your meatloaf mixture and top with sliced pancetta.
- Bake for 1 hour covered loosely with foil.
- Remove foil and cook an additional 25 minutes until pancetta is crispy.
- For the garnish/plating: Saute the red onions in a little olive oil until wilted; then set aside.
- Slice the Roma tomatoes in half, on the oval, place on a baking sheet, spray or drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast in a preheated 350°F oven for 45 minutes or an hour(worth the wait), set aside.
- Brush the bread with oil and place on grill until toasted on both sides.
- TO PLATE:.
- Slice meatloaf into 10 pieces, then place over grilled bread, top with 2 halves roasted tomato, sauteed red onion, and fresh sage, cover with grilled bread.