Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 25 mins
Looked so good when I saw Giada de Laurentiis eating them on Behind The Bash.
Make and share this Mini Pancetta-Wrapped Meatloaf Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced onions
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons Italian spices
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 10 slices pancetta or 10 slices bacon
- 10 roma tomatoes, sliced in 1/2 roasted, optional for garnish
- 20 slices French bread (the thick pre-sliced type)
- 2 red onions, sliced, sauteed until wilted, optional for garnish
- 20 fresh sage leaves, sliced, optional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix ground chuck, ground pork, bread crumbs, Parmesan, mozzarella and the half-and-half. Let stand.
- Saute onions and olive oil until a little brown, then add the garlic and cook through about 1 minute longer. Let stand.
- Add the seasonings, parsley, salt, pepper, diced toamtoes, eggs and the sauteed onions and garlic. Mix together well.
- Spray a large loaf pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Fill the pan with your meatloaf mixture and top with sliced pancetta.
- Bake for 1 hour covered loosely with foil.
- Remove foil and cook an additional 25 minutes until pancetta is crispy.
- For the garnish/plating: Saute the red onions in a little olive oil until wilted; then set aside.
- Slice the Roma tomatoes in half, on the oval, place on a baking sheet, spray or drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast in a preheated 350°F oven for 45 minutes or an hour(worth the wait), set aside.
- Brush the bread with oil and place on grill until toasted on both sides.
- TO PLATE:.
- Slice meatloaf into 10 pieces, then place over grilled bread, top with 2 halves roasted tomato, sauteed red onion, and fresh sage, cover with grilled bread.
This sounds fantastic and delicious but Not diabetic. It is listed as diabetic but the carbs are super high. I'm sure that was a mistake.