Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
from kraft. Recommends Cool Whip for the icing but I think regualar icing might be a touch better. The new aerosol cool whip can would make frosting these a breeze!!
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate cake mix (2 layer size)
- 1 (8 ounce) package Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 48 miniature Oreo cookies
- 1 1⁄2 cups thawed Cool Whip
- HEAT oven to 350°F Prepare cake batter as directed on package; spoon 1/2 evenly into 24 paper or foil-lined muffin cups, filling each cup about 1/2 full.
- Beat cream cheese, egg and sugar until well blended. Top each with about 1-1/2 teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture and 1 cookie. Cover with remaining cake batter.
- BAKE 19 to 22 minute or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 5 min.; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. (There may be an indentation in top of each cupcake after baking.).
- FROST cupcakes with COOL WHIP. Garnish with remaining cookies.
I'm incapable of just making normal cupcakes lol I have to find "fun" cupcake recipes. Made these for a birthday get together and they were fabulous. Instead of plain old whipped cream I made my own whipped cream frosting useing Whipped Cream Frosting Made half vanilla and half chocolate. Thanks for a simple and fun cupcake Jennygal!
Made these for La Bastille Day and my dad's birthday for my niece and nephews... All the adults grabbed one and everyone loved them!! So easy and oh so good!! Am not a big user of boxed cake mix but it worked perfectly for this recipe!! Thanks Jenny! :)
This was great. Everyone loved it. We used devils food cake mix and frosted with whipped cream. My son requested that we take these to his school for his birthday!