Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These yummy mini omelette's make a great grab and go breakfast but you'll want to make a big deal of them they are so delicious! One morning I prepared these and my single nephew just "raved" about them. Later he kept asking how I made them so several days later we made them again with him doing most of the prep. Some day he'll have a spouse that will appreciate his curiosity for cooking the foods he loves!
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- salt and pepper
Other delicious add-ins of your choice
- 1⁄2 cup crisp bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ham, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup spinach, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup greens, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup specialty cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 425°F Generously grease a large 6-cup muffin tin. In a large easily pourable measuring cup mixing bowl whisk the the butter, eggs, milk, garlic powder, and flour together. Pour the egg mixture into the cups, filling them 3/4 full, sprinkle each cup generously with parsley, and top with some grated Parmesan, salt and pepper. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until firm and bubbling. Gently coax the frittatas from the muffin tin by running a butter knife around the edges of the cups.
- A tip to the wise:.
- Instead of parsley, another aromatic herb could be substituted such as rosemary. (I like to use six fresh sage leaves, chopped). Using vegetables with a high water content like tomatoes, spinach, broccoli, onions or mushrooms will create a moister, puffier mini omelette.