Recipe by A Nice Czech Girl
Nutella should be in a food group all by itself. Doubled the recipe for a small party-I thought they looked very elegant with the chopped hazelnuts on top and tasted like I fussed but oh so EASY! From the book "Desserts 4 Today: Flavorful Desserts With Just Four Ingredients" by Abigail Johnson Dodge.
Top Review by 2jhy
So simple & good! I find Nutella (& most brands of gianduja) to be overly sweet, so I added chopped bittersweet chocolate, which was a nice contrast & suited my tastes.<br/> <br/>@Chilicat I have a 12 cup mini muffin pan; it's designed for toaster ovens & I love all my toaster oven pans: for my small family or girls' night in or anytime I don't need a large batch. :) PS love the idea of topping with a candy - any time there's more chocolate, is a good time! & so pretty.
- 1⁄2 cup nutella
- 1 large egg
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup hazelnuts, chopped or
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use paper or foil liners in a 12-cup mini muffin pan.
- Add the Nutella spread and egg to a medium bowl and whisk until well blended. Whisk in the flour until well blended. (If you aren't adding any chopped nuts to the top of the brownies, the author suggests adding 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon to the flour).
- Spoon the batter into each prepared muffin tin (about 3/4 full) and sprinkle each with some of the chopped nuts.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes. Cool completely on a rack.