Recipe by hungrykitten
From EveryDay With Rachael Ray. For doggies and people to share! I have cats but I still want to try this!
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 lb meatloaf mix (ground beef, pork and veal)
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup chopped shredded carrot
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, plus more for sprinkling
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 garlic clove, mashed into a paste with a little salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 lb ditalini
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, deep skillet or saucepan, bring the broth to a boil, then salt it and lower to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the ground meat, eggs, carrots, cheese, bread crumbs, parsley and garlic paste, if using; season with pepper. Form into 1-inch balls.
- Drop the meatballs into the broth and simmer until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in the pasta and cook until al dente, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Let cool before serving to your pooch!
- Season the people's portions with salt and pepper and sprinkle with more parmigiano-reggiano.