Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy Mini version of yummy moussaka!
- 1 (1 lb) small eggplant
- 1⁄2 lb ground lamb
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Slice eggplant into 1/2" thick slices~ brush with olive oil, bake in 475 degree oven until browned on both sides (about 30 minutes) Meanwhile, cook the lamb and drain.
- Add onion, garlic and cook until limp.
- Add the tomatoes and remaining ingredients.
- Cook uncovered, over medium heat until sauce is thick (10 minutes) Arrange 1/2 the eggplant in bottom of a shallow 1-quart baking dish, spoon over 1/2 the meat sauce and jack cheese.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake, uncovered at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
This is tasty and so easy to make. Great for busy people who don't want to spend ages whipping something good up to eat after a long day. Thanks for this recipe!