Nancy's Pantry's Note:
These delicious mini burgers are served on brioche rounds open-faced. They make an excellent appetizer or light meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the sauce
For the burgers
- 2 lbs ground lamb (preferably shoulder meat)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 small head red leaf lettuce, washed and dried
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 1 loaf brioche bread
- 1In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the yogurt, lemon zest and juice and season to taste with a couple pinches of salt. Sauce can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to use. Bring to room temperature before using.
- 2Cut the brioche into about 1/3 to 1/2 inch slices and then use a small glass to cut out as many circles as possible, about 3 inches in diameter, from each slice. Place the bread in an airtight container until ready to use so they stay moist and soft.
- 3Preheat the grill. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and work together until they are fully incorporated. Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop the mixture into little balls about 1 to 1 1/2 inches big and place them on a parchment paper-lined baking pan. Using your hands, flatten burgers to about 1/2 inch thick and just a couple of inches in diameter. Once the grill is hot, place them on the grill and cook, about 2-3 minutes per side or until fully cooked through, cook time varies based upon how hot your grill is.
- 4Place the cooked mini burgers on top of the cut brioche and add a piece of lettuce and a tomato slice. Top with a dollop of the lemon yogurt sauce and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Moroccan Lamb Burgers With Lemon Yogurt Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 940.5
- Calories from Fat 349
- Total Fat 38.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.3 g
- Cholesterol 110.5 mg
- Sodium 1368.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 46.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: