Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is taken from "The Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook: Collectors Edition." I haven't tried any of these recipes, but I'm borrowing the book and trying to get as many posted for my personal use as possible. Hope you all enjoy!
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 8 slices white bread
- 4 slices fontina or 4 slices swiss cheese
- 4 slices cooked ham
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Lipton golden onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- Blend 2 tbsp butter with mustard; evenly spread on each bread slice. Equally top 4 bread slices with cheese and ham; top with remaining bread, buttered side down. Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles.
- Beat eggs, milk and golden onion recipe soup mix until well blended. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture, coating well.
- In large skillet, melt 1/4 c butter and cook sandwiches over medium heat, turning once, until golden.