Recipe by - Carla -
-=UPDATE=- This recipe has been adopted and revised by me on February 16h 2005! Serve along side of fresh fruit such as melon balls, grapes and pineapple chunks.
Top Review by icetea
made this just as recipe is called for and let me tell you it was fab!! even dd loved it and she is picky.pretty much identical to the blue bayou at disneyland. great recipe. thanks for adopting
- 6 slices cooked turkey
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 6 slices lean ham
- 12 slices bread (use good bread that is not sliced too thin)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 large egg
- vegetable oil
- powdered sugar
- raspberry jam
- melon (optional)
- grapes (optional)
- pineapple chunk (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place one slice each of turkey, Swiss cheese, and ham on 6 bread slices.
- Top with remaining bread slices and cut into quarters; hold sandwiches together with wooden toothpicks if needed.
- -=Batter=- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Add water to egg and beat slightly. Add egg to flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- Dip mini monte cristo sandwich quarters into batter and fry in hot oil until golden brown, turning once.
- Remove toothpicks and sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar.
- Serve with a side of raspberry jam to dip them inches.