Prep 2 hrs
Cook 30 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 can chopped green chili, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and cream cheese.
- Add flour; beat until well blended.
- Shape into 24 balls; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Press balls onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- Sprinkle a rounded teaspoonful of cheese and 1/2 teaspoon of chilies into each shell.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, cream, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into shells.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.