Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe in an October issue of Quick & Simple magazine and I thought I would put it here for all to enjoy. I did however change a couple of steps and used taco seasoning instead of chili seasoning since that was the only thing I had. Submitted to "ZAAR" on October 9th,2007
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning (I used Mucho Gusto Taco Seasoning Mix)
- 2 (12 inch) flour tortillas
- 6 tablespoons salsa, divided (I used mild)
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄2 small red onion, diced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- While oven is heating,add ground beef and taco seasoning to a medium-sized skillet over medium heat.
- Cook beef until no longer pink,about 8 to 10 minutes,drain if needed.
- Lightly spray two medium sized cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Place two tortillas on each sheet,then lightly spray tortillas with more cooking spray.
- Bake tortillas until lightly browned, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove tortillas from oven and evenly spread 1 1/2 tablespoons of salsa on each.
- Divide ground beef, corn, onions, and tomatoes evenly over each tortilla.
- Divide cheese evenly over the top of ground beef mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This was a fun, tasty, kid-friendly recipe. We used corn tortillas and they turned out great. We left out the red onion (personal preference).