Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I originally found this recipe in Southern Living magazine and altered it a little to suit my husband and I. It is one of his favorites and very simple to prepare. I usually add some red pepper or use a hot salsa to spice it up a bit. Yummy!
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1⁄2 cup picante sauce or 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 cup of crushed corn chips
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese or 1⁄2 cup American cheese or 2 cheese slices (whatever is prefered)
- sour cream
- Combine all ingredients except for cheese and sour cream, and shape into two loaves.
- Place on a lightly greased rack in baking pan.
- Bake at 375 for 40 minutes or until done.
- Top with cheese and garnish with sour cream.
This will definitely become a favorite at my house! Easy to make and delicious, too. I did double the recipe, put it in loaf pans, and I skipped the sour cream. Corn chips were a big hit - thanks for a great one!