Recipe by invictus
Another recipe from Betty Crockers "Why It Works" cookbook.
Top Review by weekend cooker
I used ground chuck, since I ahd that on hand, and it worked out great. I didn't use the ground mustard, per choice, but the sauce was great. Mine baked for a little over 20 minutes, but it could of been my oven too.Made for Holiday tag.
for the meat loaves
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck or 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup colby-monterey jack cheese
- 7⁄8 ounce chopped green chili
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 slices bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
for the sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 12 muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix all meat loaf ingredients except 1/4 cup salsa.Divide among the 12 muffin tins. Brush tops with salsa. Place muffin on baking sheet to catch any spills.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until no longer pink in the center and juice is clear.
- Meanwhile, in a 1 quart saucepan, heat all sauce ingredients to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove meat loaves from pan and top with sauce to serve.