Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my very own concoction, great party appetizer!
- 28 -30 fresh red mild cherry peppers
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sausage
- 1⁄4 cup frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 1⁄8 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1⁄8 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄8 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup packed four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- In medium-sized bowl, slightly beat egg, whisk in cream, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, salt, garlic and pepper.
- Set aside.
- In small frying pan, cook sausage, crumbling fine, drain grease.
- Add butter, corn, green onion, mushrooms and zucchini, cook 3-5 minutes longer til just tender.
- Add to egg mixture.
- Cut tops off of peppers and scoop out seeds, place in muffin pan according to size of peppers, fill, sprinkle top with cheese.
- Bake in 375º oven for 15 minutes til filling is puffed and golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes, serve warm.
What spicy fun!!!! I did use gloves to deseed the peppers just in case they were hot.And they did have heat.I loved them.