Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my very own concoction, great party appetizer!
Make and share this Mini Mexican Cherry Pepper Quiches recipe from Food.com.
- 28 -30 fresh red mild cherry peppers
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sausage
- 1⁄4 cup frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 1⁄8 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1⁄8 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄8 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup packed four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
- In medium-sized bowl, slightly beat egg, whisk in cream, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder, salt, garlic and pepper.
- Set aside.
- In small frying pan, cook sausage, crumbling fine, drain grease.
- Add butter, corn, green onion, mushrooms and zucchini, cook 3-5 minutes longer til just tender.
- Add to egg mixture.
- Cut tops off of peppers and scoop out seeds, place in muffin pan according to size of peppers, fill, sprinkle top with cheese.
- Bake in 375º oven for 15 minutes til filling is puffed and golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes, serve warm.
What spicy fun!!!! I did use gloves to deseed the peppers just in case they were hot.And they did have heat.I loved them.