Recipe by I'mPat
From super Food Ideas - I love meat loaf, especially mini loaves and sweet potato looking forward to trying this one.
Top Review by ellie_
This was very good - I made six mini-loaves. As an added bonus the sliced and grated the veggies in the food processor.The changes I made was using teriyaki sauce in place of the steak sauce and salsa in place of the chili sauce. I skipped the sauce totally. Served with mixed vegetables for a very good dinner. Thanks for sharing!
- 500 g sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into 1cm thick chips)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 zucchini (medium grated)
- 400 g ground pork (mince mix veal and pork specified 800g)
- 400 g ground veal (mince mix veal and pork specified 800g)
- 1 brown onion (small grated)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 carrot (medium peeled and grated)
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup steak sauce (Fountain specified)
- 1⁄4 cup sweet chili sauce (Fountain specified)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (reduced-fat whole-egg)
- salad leaves (to serve)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan forced).
- Grease a large baking tray and also grease an 8 hole 3/4 cup capacity mini loaf pans (or I think muffin holes of the same capacity should work - have often cooked mini-meatloafs in muffin pans).
- Place sweet potato on prepared baking tray and drizzle and season with salt and pepper and toss to coat and set aside.
- Squeeze excess liquid from zucchini and then combine zucchini, veal and pork mince, onion, garlic, carrot, breadcrumbs, HALF the steak sauce and 2 TABLESPOONS sweet chilli sauce in a a bowl and season with salt and pepper and then press mixture into prepared pan holes.
- Place meatloaves on top shelf in oven.
- Place chips in bottom shelf and bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until meatloaves are just cooked through and then remove meatloaves form oven and using a spatula, transfer meatloaves to a greased baking baking tray.
- Using a pastry brush, brush with the remaining steak sauce and bake for 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through and then remove from the oven and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Transfer chips to top shelf in oven and cook for 5 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise and remaining sweet chilli sauce in a bowl.
- Serve meatloaves with chips, mayonnaise mixture and salad leaves (me personally I would do steamed vegies instead of salad leaves).