Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From super Food Ideas - I love meat loaf, especially mini loaves and sweet potato looking forward to trying this one.
- 500 g sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into 1cm thick chips)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 zucchini (medium grated)
- 400 g ground pork (mince mix veal and pork specified 800g)
- 400 g ground veal (mince mix veal and pork specified 800g)
- 1 brown onion (small grated)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 carrot (medium peeled and grated)
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup steak sauce (Fountain specified)
- 1⁄4 cup sweet chili sauce (Fountain specified)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (reduced-fat whole-egg)
- salad leaves (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan forced).
- Grease a large baking tray and also grease an 8 hole 3/4 cup capacity mini loaf pans (or I think muffin holes of the same capacity should work - have often cooked mini-meatloafs in muffin pans).
- Place sweet potato on prepared baking tray and drizzle and season with salt and pepper and toss to coat and set aside.
- Squeeze excess liquid from zucchini and then combine zucchini, veal and pork mince, onion, garlic, carrot, breadcrumbs, HALF the steak sauce and 2 TABLESPOONS sweet chilli sauce in a a bowl and season with salt and pepper and then press mixture into prepared pan holes.
- Place meatloaves on top shelf in oven.
- Place chips in bottom shelf and bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until meatloaves are just cooked through and then remove meatloaves form oven and using a spatula, transfer meatloaves to a greased baking baking tray.
- Using a pastry brush, brush with the remaining steak sauce and bake for 10 minutes or until browned and cooked through and then remove from the oven and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Transfer chips to top shelf in oven and cook for 5 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise and remaining sweet chilli sauce in a bowl.
- Serve meatloaves with chips, mayonnaise mixture and salad leaves (me personally I would do steamed vegies instead of salad leaves).
This was very good - I made six mini-loaves. As an added bonus the sliced and grated the veggies in the food processor.The changes I made was using teriyaki sauce in place of the steak sauce and salsa in place of the chili sauce. I skipped the sauce totally. Served with mixed vegetables for a very good dinner. Thanks for sharing!
This made moist flavorful little loaves! Made as written, except I halved the recipe and added a 1-inch knob of fresh ginger, minced, to the meatloaf mixture, then baked it as eight small loaves, filling each only half full ~ I used A-1 steak sauce. I don't eat many sauces made from mayonnaise, and this was a bit tangy for my taste, so I added a half teaspoon Splenda to sweetened it up! Made for Summer Photo Tag 2012.
Though I made this as posted, the meat was just okay, but the sauce complimented this. Usually dont have carrots in meat loaf , and did enjoyed that addition, along with the sauce. The kids especially enjoyed this as they wanted more. I will keep this, as this would make for a quick fix-it recipe on school nights. Made for Holiday Tag.