1/1 Photo of Mini Meatloaves, With Bacon, Onions, Dates!
Unusual! Baking the onions along with the meatloaves is a great idea! Makes a wonderful topping. Don't let the use of dates scare you! They make the meat very tasty. I have made it without the dates, but it wasn't as interesting. You can use a larger quantity of onions, too. A Rachael Ray recipe passed on to me by my daughter; it was delicious when she made it for us. Since she was out of dates, she used raisins; I think they made it a little sweeter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Position racks in the top and bottom thirds of the oven and preheat to 375°.
- 2In a bowl, combine the dates and breadcrumbs, working the mixture through your fingers to separate.
- 3Mix in the beef. Mix in the chopped onion, bacon, egg, worcestershire and vinegar; season with salt and pepper.
- 4Divide into 4 mounds and, on a baking sheet, shape into loaves. Place on the upper rack and bake for 45 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, on another baking sheet, toss the sliced onions with the melted butter and season with salt. Spread out evenly.
- 6Bake on the lower rack, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 30 minutes.
- 7Serve the meatloaves with the onions scattered over the tops.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Meatloaves, With Bacon, Onions, Dates!
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.1
- Calories from Fat 348
- Total Fat 38.7 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 186.4 mg
- Sodium 502.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 35.1 g