Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
The SAUCE topping gives a wonderful flavor to these mini meatloaves! My family enjoys them with creamy mashed potatoes. Bake extra ones for a quick dinner on another day! You'll love the sauce!!!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ketchup (extra)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Mix ground beef, onion, bread crumbs, ketchup, worcestershire sauce and salt.
- Press beef mixture into a 6 cup muffin tin. Spoon small amount of ketchup on top of each.
- Place in a 350 degree oven and bake for 45 minutes. (While baking prepare sauce.) Remove from muffin tin and place on serving plate.
- SAUCE: Saute chopped onion and celery in olive oil in a small saucepan.
- Add ketchup, brown sugar, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce and water. Simmer for one minute. Spoon sauce on tops of meatloaves. Serve.
Very nice family meal! I added mushrooms to the meatloaf and used homemade tomato sauce instead of ketchup with the meat. The sauce was made as directed and was simply yummy! I was able to get five single servings out of these by using shaped mini pans (stars, hearts, etc.). The kids loved them. Thanks for posting!
We loved these! As I try to improve our eating habits, I subbed half the ground beef with ground turkey breast which gave it a slightly different flavor, but still wonderful. I served the savory sauce in a small dish for each of us to ladle our own. Oh yes, these will be enjoyed again and again! Thanks for sharing!
Such a nice change from meatloaf! We loved these little loaves. The sauce is excellent!