Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is something I came up with on the fly, I used a bunch of different recipes and came up with this version that I think is delicious
- 680.38 g lean ground beef
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs
- 29.58 ml ketchup
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4.92 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml diced green pepper
- 1 small zucchini, shredded and squeezed dry
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add green pepper and garlic cloves and saute for about 5-10 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
- In a large bowl combine green pepper mixture with the remainder of the ingredients.
- Shape meat into 6 individual meatloaves, or place in three mini loaf pans.
- Place meatloaf in a 9X13 baking dish (if forming individually) and bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes.
You have a winner of a recipe. The addition of the shredded zucchini was great in helping with the moisture levels of the meatloaf. The only small omission I made was to skip on the green pepper - just never agrees with me so added finely diced onion instead. Great flavors and perfect for keeping us with portion sizes. Made for Healthy Choices tag game.