Recipe by English_Rose
These meatloaves are great served with mashed potato and tomato ketchup. To freeze, wrap each cooked meatloaf in plastic wrap, seal in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat, unwrap the frozen meatloaves and place on a baking tray in an oven preheated to 350F for 18 minutes or until heated through.
- 2 small carrots, peeled
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 1⁄2 ounces breadcrumbs, made from day-old bread
- 1⁄2 small brown onion, coarsely grated
- 2 ounces frozen peas
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons tomato chutney
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Use the coarse side of a grater to grate the carrots and zucchini.
- Use your hands to squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Place the carrot and zucchini in a large bowl.
- Add the ground beef, breadcrumbs, onion, peas, tomato chutney and egg, and use your hands to mix until well combined.
- Divide mixture evenly into 12 portions, pressing each portion firmly into each depression in a 12 hole muffin pan and smooth the tops.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden on top and cooked through. Remove from the pan and serve with the mashed potato and tomato sauce.