Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious and cute too :P
- 1 lb ground chuck (twice ground, ask at the meat counter or do yourself since this makes a difference)
- 1⁄2 lb ground veal (twice ground)
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork (twice ground)
- 2 cups white breadcrumbs (no crusts)
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 small onion, minced finely (or you can use onion powder or dried onion)
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced finely (or you can use garlic powder)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped or 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Mix all ingredients together by hand - incorporate well, but don't over mix. Divide into balls and fill 12 muffin tins with the mixture. Allow mixture to come to room temperature while oven heats to 350 degrees. (This is a great time to serve appetizers or first courses) Bake mini meatloaves for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine 1 cup of ketchup, 1/4 cup of brown sugar and 2 tbs apple cider vinegar and bring to a simmer.
- After baking meatloaves for about 20 minutes, spread sauce over loaves and bake for another 5 minutes, until a glaze forms. Remove from oven, serve.