Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Quick and easy to make. A family favorite. The ketchup and brown sugar give these loaves a fantastic flavor!
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, cheese, breadcrumbs and salt. Add the ground beef, mixing well, and form this mixture into six to eight miniature meatloaves. Place these in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Stir thoroughly and spread over each meatloaf.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes.
These were good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written but I only got five meatloaves so I must have made mine bigger. I also cooked mine for about an hour. Everyone enjoyed them.
We really enjoyed these! This is an especially welcome technique since I currently don't have a loaf pan, so it's nice to free-form these little individual servings and be done with it. My family is glad too, because meatloaf is one of their favorite dishes. The topping is absolutely perfect... stays on the loaves instead of melting all over the place during cooking. Love it!
This was really good. I added some garlic and onion powder for more flavor. I did not use a whole cup of cheese, probably more like 1/2 cup. I would make these again.