Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe that my family loves. It make mini meatloaves that can be cooked, wrapped in tin foil on the grill or in the oven.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 (4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (can add more if needed)
- 4 -6 medium potatoes
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 3 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 tablespoons ketchup
- In large microwaveable bowl put potatoes cut into strips, carrots, parsley, garlic and butter. Microwave for about 15 minutes on high.
- In another bowl mix hamburger, milk,egg, onion soup mix and bread crumbs. Add extra bread crumb if mixture seems to have a lot of juice. This will be split in to 8 meatloaf.
- Spray cooking spray on 8 pieces of tin foil. Add meatloaf mixture and about 1/8 of potato mixture. Put a tablespoon of ketchup on meatloaf and wrap the tin foil around.
- Cook in oven at about 350°F or on the grill for about 1 hour. Make sure with a meat thermometer that meat reach 160°F.
I have saved this recipe, but never tried it. They were yummy I also threw in a frozen organic veggie mix to the foil packs.