Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
In 'SOS! The Six O'Clock Scramble to the Rescue' by Aviva Goldfarb
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, finely chopped (white or yellow, about 1 cup)
- 1 -2 large carrot, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (1-2 cloves)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey or 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup or 3⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs or 1 cup crushed cracker
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat; saute the onions, carrots, oregano, and garlic for 3-5 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove them from the heat and let them cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, then add the onion and carrot mixture; stir thoroughly.
- Spray the wells of a 12-cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon the meat mixture into the wells, dividing it evenly (each mini meatloaf should completely fill a muffin well but won't go much over the top of it.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and let them sit for 5 minutes before serving; or refrigerate them for up to 2 days before reheating and serving, or freeze them for up to 3 months.