Recipe by Montana Heart Song
Beef meat balls with crushed strawberry flavored mini wheats and cooked in a cranberry sauce. Serve as an appetizer or with a salad. I had some crushed cereal in the bottom of the sack and developed the recipe.
- 907.18 g ground beef or 907.18 g ground turkey
- 591.47 ml crushed strawberry miniature shredded wheat cereal
- 9.85 ml salt or 9.85 ml salt substitute
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 14.79 ml water
- 0.59 ml basil
- 4.92 ml Chinese five spice powder
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 (850.48 g) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 118.29-236.59 ml cranberry juice or 118.29-236.59 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs with water until frothy in small bowl.
- In large metal bowl add ground meat, crushed cereal and salt. mix well.
- Add beaten eggs,basil and chinese 5 spice.
- Mix until blended. I use my hands.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Form into 2 inch meat balls.
- Place on a baking tray.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes.
- During baking turn over with tongs.
- In large crockpot,add 1 tblsp olive oil. Wipe it around the bottom and sides of the crockpot.
- Add two cans of cranberry sauce or your homemade sauce.
- Add meat balls.
- Cover with cranberry sauce.
- Cover and cook from 2 hrs to 6 hours High heat the first hour and low heat the remaining time. It is a make ahead recipe.
- Add water or cranberry juice if the sauce is getting too thick.