2 hrs 40 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
Montana Heart Song's Note:
Beef meat balls with crushed strawberry flavored mini wheats and cooked in a cranberry sauce. Serve as an appetizer or with a salad. I had some crushed cereal in the bottom of the sack and developed the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 1/2 cups crushed strawberry miniature shredded wheat cereal
- 2 teaspoons salt or 2 teaspoons salt substitute
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/8 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2-1 cup cranberry juice or 1/2-1 cup water
- 1Beat eggs with water until frothy in small bowl.
- 2In large metal bowl add ground meat, crushed cereal and salt. mix well.
- 3Add beaten eggs,basil and chinese 5 spice.
- 4Mix until blended. I use my hands.
- 5Preheat oven to 375.
- 6Form into 2 inch meat balls.
- 7Place on a baking tray.
- 8Bake 20 to 30 minutes.
- 9During baking turn over with tongs.
- 11In large crockpot,add 1 tblsp olive oil. Wipe it around the bottom and sides of the crockpot.
- 12Add two cans of cranberry sauce or your homemade sauce.
- 13Add meat balls.
- 14Cover with cranberry sauce.
- 15Cover and cook from 2 hrs to 6 hours High heat the first hour and low heat the remaining time. It is a make ahead recipe.
- 16Add water or cranberry juice if the sauce is getting too thick.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mini Meatballs With Cranberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 447.4
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 129.9 mg
- Sodium 705.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 42.5 g
- Protein 22.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
strawberry miniature shredded wheat cereal
Chinese five spice powder