Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Beef meat balls with crushed strawberry flavored mini wheats and cooked in a cranberry sauce. Serve as an appetizer or with a salad. I had some crushed cereal in the bottom of the sack and developed the recipe.
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 1⁄2 cups crushed strawberry miniature shredded wheat cereal
- 2 teaspoons salt or 2 teaspoons salt substitute
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2-1 cup cranberry juice or 1⁄2-1 cup water
- Beat eggs with water until frothy in small bowl.
- In large metal bowl add ground meat, crushed cereal and salt. mix well.
- Add beaten eggs,basil and chinese 5 spice.
- Mix until blended. I use my hands.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Form into 2 inch meat balls.
- Place on a baking tray.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes.
- During baking turn over with tongs.
- In large crockpot,add 1 tblsp olive oil. Wipe it around the bottom and sides of the crockpot.
- Add two cans of cranberry sauce or your homemade sauce.
- Add meat balls.
- Cover with cranberry sauce.
- Cover and cook from 2 hrs to 6 hours High heat the first hour and low heat the remaining time. It is a make ahead recipe.
- Add water or cranberry juice if the sauce is getting too thick.