Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From my trusty recipe box now turning cyber!This is better if made a day ahead and reheated. Makes about 32 meatballs from a pound of chopped meat.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except the beef and then add the beef and mix well.
- Form into 1" balls and arrange on a lightly oiled baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Serve with toothpicks.
I made these meatballs today for my sons 21st party in a few weeks. I have par cooked them and going to freeze them and reheat them on the night. I followed the recipe but included some finely chopped fresh Thai Basil and used a beaten egg I had left from a different meatball batch I was also making. and they came out perfectlly! They held together so well! I fully baked a few to taste and they are fantastic and will go so well with a nice dipping sauce on the night. I think I might use plum and maybe a sweet and sour sauce for dipping. Great easy recipe Oolala, thanks for sharing. This is a keeper for me.