Recipe by Seedbeads
I don't remember where I found this recipe - I've made it so often, I've memorized it. The trick to these meatballs is to only plan to use half of them - that's all I ever have left by the time I'm ready to put them in something else. It's the only time I've ever had ground beef melt in my mouth.
Top Review by Nancy T.
This recipe makes the best little meatballs ever!! I substituted bread crumbs with quick cook steel cut oats (because I'm avoiding bread!) And then soaked them in the water. Added more seasoning too (coriander, onion powder, garlic powder and smoked paprika)...scrumptious! My grandbaby doesn't eat meat that much but she loves these!!! She gobbled them up and wanted more!...way thumbs up!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix really well.
- Roll meat into 1" balls- at this point, you can either continue or freeze them for later use, providing your beef wasn't pre-frozen.
- Arrange the meatballs on a rack over a foil-lined pan (for easy clean-up).
- Bake in a 400ºF oven for about 10 minutes, or until meatballs are browned- you can also freeze them at this point, or use them in other dishes (or just eat them plain).