Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Freat for dinner served with rice.
- 1 lb very lean ground meat (beef, turkey, buffalo etc)
- 2 slices 100% whole wheat bread, ground into crumbs (I use a food processor for this)
- 1⁄2 cup finely minced mixed vegetables, spinach, kale, carrots, parsley, bell peppers, etc. (also very easy to do in the food processor)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup v 8 vegetable juice
- I put the meat, bread crumbs, veggies, and seasoning into the electric mixer, mix them up, then add V-8 till it's easy to work with.
- Then I shape it into one-inch balls and bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Check for doneness by cutting a meatball in half and making sure the pinkness is gone.
- Ds likes these either plain or dipped in some mild barbecue sauce.