Top Review by Sam #3
Don't know how I never reviewed this before! I love these! And they're great since you can use them raw and frozen right into the dish you're cooking. I skipped on the parsley and used a mix of basil and oregano and also added 1/8 tsp of cinnamon. I usually make this 6x each time and freeze them!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 slices bacon, finely chopped (2 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- coarse salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine beef, bacon, parsley, garlic, Parmesan, breadcrumbs, egg, nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Shape mixture into 40 meatballs. (For equal-size meatballs, scoop out meat mixture with a teaspoon, using two scoops for each meatball. Then roll between your palms to shape into balls.).
- Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet or on two large plates. Freeze 1 hour. Once frozen, transfer to an airtight container or resealable plastic bag; label and date.
- To use the meatballs straight from the freezer, preheat oven to 400°. Place meatballs on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Note: Frozen mini-meatballs can also be used in soup or sauce: Simmer meatballs, covered, in liquid until cooked through, about 10 minutes.