Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
From a free Penzey's recipe card. I haven't made this yet, but it sounds good!
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes with juice (1 can)
- 1 cup shredded cabbage (napa or savoy)
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 12 ounces whole kernel corn, undrained (1 can)
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup merlot
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon beef base or 1 tablespoon bouillon
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces broken spaghetti noodles
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- In a dutch oven or large soup pot, combine all the ingredients for the soup except the spaghetti. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all the meatball ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Shape into 20-24 tiny meatballs. Pan fry the meatballs, shaking the pan often to keep the meatballs round, until brown. Don't make the meatballs too small or they will break apart during cooking. Drain off excess fat.
- Add the meatballs to the soup. Cover and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Break the spaghetti noodles into 2 to 3 inch long pieces and add to the soup. Cook until the spaghetti is done.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese to sprinkle on top of soup, as desired.
Made & reviewed for ZWT 4 ~ Kumquat's Kookin' Kaboodles! This is soup is absolutely delicious & we really enjoyed it for dinner last night. The Kids especially loved it & DS has asked for it again already! I only changed the merlot to paul newmans concord grape juice & it was perfect.... Thanks Michelle for another super recipe :)