Recipe by Charmie777
This recipe comes from Giada De Laurentiis. Mmmmmm....this is on the table in less than an hour! You can use any combination of meats to equal 1-1/2 pounds.
- 1 small onion, grated
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 large egg
- 44.37 ml ketchup
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 158.51 ml parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml dried breadcrumbs
- 170.09 g ground beef
- 170.09 g ground veal
- 170.09 g ground pork
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 737.08 g marinara sauce
- 12 (36-42 inch) Italian rolls, split, warm
- 118.29 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 85.04 g sliced provolone cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the meatballs, whisk the first 7 ingredients in a large bowl to blend.
- Stir in the cheese and bread crumbs.
- Mix in the meats.
- Using about 2 tablespoons meat for each, shape into 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 inch meatballs. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Working in batches, add the meatballs and saute until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Drain off excess oil.
- Add the marinara sauce and simmer over medium-low heat until sauce thickens slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To make the sandwiches: spoon the hot meatballs with some sauce over the bottoms of the the rolls.
- Place 1/2 slice provolone on the top of meatballs and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Spread more sauce of the rolls tops, the flod the tops of the rolls over and serve.